Sunday, March 25, 2012

Envelope Date #3

For our third envelope date I planed a romantic night in with fondue! Ryan opened the envelope the first of March but didn't know when we were going to do it. I set it all up in our guest room that way we could eat dinner and I could surprise him with it afterwards!





My Mother-in-law gave me the recipe for the fondue and it is so easy and really good! If you want to try it, here it is:

~ 2Tbs. all-purpose flour
~ 1-1/2 2% milk
~ 3oz dark chocolate(about 2 candy bars), Chopped
~ 3oz milk chocolate, chopped
(I recommend using the Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips!)
~ 2 Tbs. light corn syrup

Directions:
~ In a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. bring to a boil on medium-high heat; cook and stir for one minute or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. stir in chocolate and corn syrup. cook and stir until melted.
~ Transfer into a fondue pot and keep warm.
~ Yields: 2 cups.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! We have a fondue pot but I never think about getting it out. I am going to try your recipe and suprise Taylor this week! So thanks :)

    ReplyDelete