Saturday, December 31, 2011

My First Post!

Well, I have been wanting to start a blog for a long time but two things always kept me from doing it, 1) I always felt that no one would want or have the need to read it! It's not like we have kids that distant relatives want to see pictures of and hear about, or that we live far away from everyone we know and need to give fun updates, or that I have wonderful ideas I need to share with the world! And 2) what would I name it! But after giving this much thought...I decided what the heck. I'm going to do it anyway, and I'll name it Life Uncommon! I know that it may seem that our life isn't really that "uncommon" but I kinda feel that it is. The average age of a woman in the US to get married is 26, and I got married at 19 and have loved almost everyday of it :)! We didn't live together or have sex before we were married (sorry if that's TMI but we're pretty proud of that!) We love God and believe that He sent his Son to die for our sins and try to live our lives accordingly. It's not that we feel like we're better than anybody because that is certainly not true, but I feel that in this day and age and in our generation, our choices in life...well, just aren't that common anymore.

5 comments:

  1. Tara this is such an amazing blog I can't wait to read what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Well, I see you are trying to get a fun thing going. Interested to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Tara! I think this is such a great idea and you can do it while Ryan is working all those long hours at the restaurant.

    Never lose sight of yourself. You don't want to ever jeopardize your values, principles or integrity as they may be impossible to retrieve. You know in your heart of hearts what is right and God will always point you in the right direction.

    Also, I think it is admirable for you to share your personal feelings, especially about waiting until you were married. I too waited until my wedding night with your Dad. I always felt this was a gift from God that I was to protect until the right man came along. After nearly 15 years now, it has become abundantly clear that I was right. He never pressured me and wanted me to wait as well. I told few people about this as so many people view this as "weird". Those that I did tell thought it was so amazing and that I was so incredible for waiting! Funny that people think this.

    Dates with your spouse are so important!! We always set aside time to do this and always will. We couldn't for so long when your Dad was ill, but we are catching up now. We have tickets to tour the Marston Mansion where we were married in the next few weeks. When you Dad is stronger, we are going to LA for him to drive an official NASCAR in a professional track and also to go to a shooting range to see how good we are! Movies and music are always important to us as you know and we continue to find time for that as well as finding neat places to eat. A walk on the bay (we did this last night) or the beach has always been a best option for us too. Keep us up to date with what you do with Ryan!

    Enjoy life Sweetie! Life is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara,
    I know I'm just your mother in law. I'm so proud of you and Ryan and for your commitment. I have prayed for a special wife for my son and God has so blessed us with you.

    Date night has been such an important part of our marraige and I'm so glad you feel the same way. I still can remember telling our boys when we would go out how important it was for us as a mom and dad to have a special time away and how it was so good for them also.

    Thanks for sharing the date box as I'm doing it with Ron also... I can't wait to start our's also. Thanks so much for sharing your life with all of us. You are a very special daughter in law...we love you sooo much Donna and Ron..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to reading it! I think you'll enjoy blogging, and you'll find that the blogging community is fun. I've actually made some new friends that way. :)

    ReplyDelete